March 2022 SMART Goal Project

intense drumming
intense drumming” by georgia.kral is marked with CC BY 2.0.

SUMMARY

Role

Drums

Intention (SMART Goal)

By April 15th, 2022, as part of my School of Rock class, I will learn to play the drums from the chorus of No Love by Death Grips by practicing Hand & Feet Independence and will have improved my drumming skills in my Session 3 SMART Goal.

PRE-PRODUCTION – INQUIRY

Leader(s) in the Field / Exemplary Work(s)

Zach Hill

This guy goes CRAZY! He drums at superhuman speed and I sometimes wonder if he has actually does have a human ankle. Despite the insane speed he drums at, he’s somehow still able to keep a sense of rhythm throughout. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a faster drummer, or someone who saw Zach’s drumming and wasn’t blown away.

Training Source(s)

Hand & Feet Independence

Independent limb coordination is something I struggle with a bit so I’m trying out different ways to get better at it because it is VERY important for drumming.

SMART Goal Schedule

I will practice often during class time, whenever I can. I usually get about 30 minutes of practice time when I have access to the drums.

PRODUCTION

SMART Goal Starting Point Evidence

SMART Goal Ending Point Evidence

POST-PRODUCTION – REFLECTION

21st Century Skills

Ways of Thinking (Creativity, Innovation, Critical Thinking, Problem Solving)

Until recently I haven’t had the chance to drum much so getting a hang of things and seeing what I like was helpful.

Ways of Working (Communication & Collaboration)

I had a pretty good system with the “This is what I’m doing. Here it is.” in the audio clips.

Tools for Working (Info & Media Literacy)

Just about every tutorial I found in some way or another basically just boils down to practice. So I just practiced and it worked!

Ways of Living in the World (Life & Career)

I am generally a fast learner, ESPECIALLY when it comes to something I’m interested in. This is just further evidence of that.

Self-Evaluation of Final Version

I’m very happy with the final version. I think I got it down perfectly! Definitely improved on my drumming skills.

Grammar and Spelling

Grammarly